Glaze Your Own Plate!
This item is for self-paced painting at home. There is no live class component.
Artists of all ages are welcome to glaze their own plates, perfect for gifting. After firing, the plate is microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe and makes the perfect holiday gift.
This item includes...
- A premade 10" ceramic dinner plate
- 3 glaze colors
- Clear glazing at the studio (to ensure they are food-safe)
- The firing of student plates when they are dropped off
Artists can select to have their projects outlined with black by us or not outlined.
Extra colors can be added on at checkout.
PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Please do not paint the back of your plate. It will stick to the kiln.
- Please use a pencil to write your name on the back of the plate (we will outline whatever is written with black glaze to ensure it's permanent.)
- Artists can lightly draw their design on their plate with pencil but ONLY the glazed components will be permanent (pencil burns off in the kiln).
- Only glaze can be used to paint your project. Please do not use anything other than glaze or pencil on your plate.
- Any areas that are not painted will stay white. There is no white glaze option.
- Please wash and dry your brush between colors to ensure they don't mix!
Artists will need to provide their own:
- Paint brush
- Water bowl
- Wash rag
Firing can be a very unpredictable process. Though we have a high success rate, we cannot guarantee results.
Plates will have to be brought back to the studio for firing and artists will receive an email to pick-up their plate when it's ready. Plates will be placed in our locked cubby system for easy drop-off and pick-up 7 days a week from 7am- 9 pm.
Student kits will be placed in a cabinet outside the studio for increased pickup flexibility. Once your student's kit is ready, student kits can be picked up 7 days a week 7am - 9pm. You will receive an email when your kit is ready for pick-up. Your student's kit will be labeled with their name. Please do not take any other student kits.