Clay Kit to Create Your Own Ceramics at Home!
Artists can now take clay "to-go" and complete their own ceramics at home with this at-home Clay Kit! This is the perfect item for creating handmade holiday gifts for everyone!
This kit purchase includes...
- A packet of detailed clay information, rules, and directions students must follow to sculpt their project.
- A guideline sheet that students will use to determine what size/thickness their project can be.
- About 3 pounds of earthenware white ceramic clay.
- Firing of their clay project after it is dropped off at the studio. (We will be able to fire it as long as their work meets the clay guidelines in the packet and it can be safely fired).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PAINT/GLAZE:
- The price of the kit includes bisque firing of student work.
- Students who do not purchase glaze, will get their items back white and can paint their projects at home with acrylic paint after firing.
- Students who wish to have their projects shiny, and food-safe can purchase glaze at checkout. Their projects will need to be painted with glaze before being dropped off for firing.
About the firing process:
- This clay is meant to be fired in our kiln (clay oven) and cannot be fired in a home oven. If not fired, it will likely break extremely easily and cannot be saved permanently.
- It is low fire clay and will vitrify (turn into stone) at 1888°
- It cannot be fired until it is completely dry. This can take 2-3 weeks, sometimes it dries faster depending on our weather and humidity.
- Your project will shrink about 8-10% in the kiln.
- Your project will SLOW fire for about 12 hours and COOL for another 24 hours.
- You must come back to pick up your student's completed project after it has been fired.
- Studio Claremont is not responsible for any project damage that occurs as a result of poor construction or kiln explosion.
- Although we have a high success rate, since firing is an uncertain process, we cannot guarantee results.
You be notified via the email provided when your student's projects are ready for pick-up. If you do not hear from us, be sure to check your "promotions" and "spam" inboxes.
This kit is available for studio pick up at our locked cubbies outside of the studio. You will receive an email when your item is ready for pick-up as well as the pick-up code. Please wait until you receive the pick-up email to get your item(s). You can pick-up your item(s) 7 days a week from 7am - 9pm.