Clay Kit to Create Your Own Ceramics! NO GLAZE - Students can paint it at home after firing
Students can now take clay "to-go" and complete their own ceramics at home with this at-home Clay Kit! This kit purchase includes...
- A packet of detailed clay information, rules, and directions students must follow to sculpt their project.
- A guideline sheet students will use to determine what size/ thickness their project can be.
- About 3 pounds of earthenware white ceramic clay.
- Firing of their clay project after it is dropped off at the studio. (We will be able to fire it as long as their work meets the clay guidelines in the packet and it can be safely fired).
About the firing process:
- This clay is meant to be fired in our kiln (clay oven) and cannot be fired in a home oven. If not fired, it will likely break extremely easily and cannot be saved permanently.
- It is low fire clay and will vitrify (turn into stone) at 1888°
- It cannot be fired until it is completely dry. This can take 2-3 weeks, sometimes it dries faster depending on our weather and humidity.
- Your project will shrink about 8-10% in the kiln.
- Your project will SLOW fire for about 12 hours and COOL for another 24 hours.
- You must come back to pick up your student's completed project after it has been fired.
- Studio Claremont is not responsible for any project damage that occurs as a result of poor construction or kiln explosion.
- Although we have a high success rate, since firing is an uncertain process, we cannot guarantee results.
You be notified via the email provided when your student's project is ready. If you do not hear from us, be sure to check your "promotions" and "spam" inboxes.
The clay kit must be picked up in the studio and the finished project must be returned to the studio in a timely manner for firing. Projects that are brought back too late or do not meet the guidelines may not be able to be fired.
TKits must be picked up during regular studio hours...
MONDAY - THURSDAY 9:00 - 12:00
OR you can select the "shipping" option at checkout for local delivery.
$5 local delivery applies to...
- La Verne
- San Dimas
*If your city is not listed above in our delivery area, please email us for a delivery estimate. *
For in studio pick-up, The first day to pick-up your kit is MONDAY 6/15 and last day to pick-up your kit is THURSDAY, 8/13. No pick-up reminders will be sent. No unclaimed kits will be refunded.
Finished projects must be dropped off before, Thursday, 8/13. FIRING SCHEDULE VARIES. CLAY PROJECTS DROPPED OFF AFTER 8/13 MAY NOT BE FIRED.