All About the Artists Video lessons
This is a self-paced online watercolor art history class designed for students ages 6 and up. This is not a live scheduled course. Once you purchase the course, you will be able to digitally download the password and instructions to access these video lessons on the "Online Video Lessons" page.
While we recommend that students complete one lesson per week, this is a self-paced course and students are welcome to complete the videos at anytime that works best for them.
In these classes, students will learn...
- Art history about Frida Kahlo, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol
- Art history about various art movements and their importance
- How to shade to create value and make their work more realistic
- How to blend with oil pastel
- How to use resist technique with oil pastel and watercolor
This session includes 4 video lessons, a complete art history presentation, and 2 virtual museum tours.
In the course students will learn about 4 artists and complete 4 lessons inspired by them:
Vincent Van Gogh
- Van Gogh art history presentation and virtual museum tour at the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Post-Impressionist Landscape
- Pablo Picasso art history presentation and virtual museum tour at the THE MUSEU PICASSO
- Abstract Animal Painting
- Andy Warhol art history presentation
- Donut Pop Art
- Frida Kahlo art history presentation
- Frida Portrait Painting
NO SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED WITH THIS CLASS. STUDENTS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN SUPPLIES. INCLUDING...
- An oil pastel set or crayons
- A paint brush
- Watercolor paper
- A watercolor paint set
- Watercolor pencils (recommended)
- Black permanent marker
- A pencil
- An eraser
- A table protector (cardboard, newspaper, etc.)
- An old rag or paper towel
- A bowl of water
These art materials can be purchased online here.
SORRY, NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE OFFERED.