Watercolor Wonders Video Lessons
This is a self-paced online watercolor class designed for students ages 7-10. This is not a live scheduled course. Once you purchase the course, you will be able to digitally download the password and instructions to access these video lessons on the "Online Video Lessons" page.
While we recommend that students complete one lesson per week, this is a self-paced course and students are welcome to complete the videos at anytime that works best for them.
In these classes, students will learn...
- The elements of designs
- A variety of watercolor techniques including wet-on-wet, resist, dry brushing, color mixing, shading, and more
- Detailed drawing techniques
- How to make their artwork look more realistic by shading to create value and using texture to add interest
This session includes 11 videos made up of...
- 6 different detailed watercolor lessons that range from 20 - 35 minutes in length.
- 5 short technique watercolor practice videos that range from 3 - 6 minutes in length.
We recommend completing the videos in order as they build on prior knowledge. Lessons 2-6 have two parts to them.
Students will create 6 watercolor paintings and practice 5 watercolor and drawing techniques over the course of 6 classes.
Class 1 - The elements of design flowers
Class 2 - Part 1: Watercolor Technique Practice: Shading with Value,
Part 2: Watercolor Bunny
Class 3 - Part 1: Watercolor Technique Practice: Value and Resist,
Part 2: Parent and Baby Fox
Class 4 - Part 1: Watercolor Technique Practice: Color Mixing Using Wet-on-Wet,
Part 2: Honey bee watercolor with honeycomb
Class 5 - Part 1: Drawing Technique Practice: Tiger Eye
Part 2: Watercolor Tiger
Class 6 - Part 1: Watercolor Technique Practice: Creating Texture and Practicing Value
Part 2: Paint Your Pet (or a pet you want)
NO SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED WITH THIS CLASS. STUDENTS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN SUPPLIES. INCLUDING...
- An oil pastel set or crayons
- A paint brush
- Watercolor paper
- A watercolor paint set
- Watercolor pencils (recommended)
- Black permanent marker
- A pencil
- An eraser
- A table protector (cardboard, newspaper, etc.)
- An old rag or paper towel
- A bowl of water
These art materials can be purchased online here.
SORRY, NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE OFFERED.